We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities available to adults 18 and older. An application and background check are required prior to orientation.
(Our greatest need is for Zoo Instructors!)
- Our next Orientation will be in the fall of 2014,
please check back later in the year.
- You need to be genuinely interested in and care about people, animals, nature and conservation.
- Need to pass a background check through the City of Waco prior to attending an orientation.
- Attend a required 2-hour Volunteer Orientation.
- Be able to contribute a minimum of 48 hours a year (4 hours a month).
- The satisfaction of meaningful contribution of service to a conservation center.
- Expand your social circle – make new connections and new friends.
- Good for your health and mental well-being.
- A fun experience every time you volunteer at the Zoo.
- Continuing education opportunities will benefit you both professionally and personally.
- 10% discount at the Zoo Cafe and Zootique.
- Preview new exhibits before the general public.
- Annual appreciation dinner and presentation of service awards.
Positions & Descriptions
Click thumbnails below for more information!
Mail completed applications to:
Cameron Park Zoo
1701 N. 4th Street
Waco, TX 76707
Fax: (254) 750-8469
Please call the Education Department for more information:
(254) 750-8467 or (254) 750-8466